Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Children’s Services are looking for individuals of all ages to support their DIY Clubs in Ellon, Inverurie and Huntly. The DIY Clubs provide social opportunities for primary aged children with Additional Support Needs/disabilities. The DIY Clubs take place every second Saturday throughout the year.
You don’t have to have specific skills, but a friendly manner and interest in supporting children with Additional Support Needs/disabilities to achieve their potential and engage in stimulating, fun activities is a must.
- Additional training will be provided to support the role
- You can give as much or as little time to fit in with your personal commitments
- You can share your previous skills and experience
- You will receive an Induction and ongoing support from experienced DIY Club Carers
If you would like to find out more information please contact Sharon Napier – Project Coordinator (Children with Disabilities) on 01467 539202.
What are we looking for?
- Positive, reliable, supportive and caring nature
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to work in a wider team
What will I get?
- Volunteer induction
- Named supervisor to support you in your volunteering role
- Access to related training
- Opportunity to gain experience invaluable to a CV working with children with Additional Support Needs/disabilities and learning new skills
Sign me up!
All volunteers will be required to be enrolled through our Aberdeenshire Council’s volunteer policy and pre-enrolment checks.
If you would like to find out more please contact Sharon Napier Sharon.email@example.com directly to find out what opportunities are available.