Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Infrastructure Solutions Team Leader
Do you want to be part of an award-winning team that is transforming the way our local authority delivers services in a digital world?
We have an exciting opportunity for a customer-focussed Infrastructure Solutions Team Leader to join the ICT team within Aberdeenshire Council.
Thank you for your interest in the role of Infrastructure Solutions Team Leader at Aberdeenshire Council.
We are looking for an experienced technology leader who will embrace the opportunity to deliver significant change to the council’s network, comms, server, storage and security infrastructure. If you think this could be you, we would like to hear from you.
This is a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of our digital service in Aberdeenshire at a crucial time as we move forward with our digital strategy, drive forward innovation and transform our services.
If the challenge of this role excites you and you think you have the skills and experience to fill the role, I look forward to hearing from you.
ICT Business Solutions Manager
Find out more about the role:
- Are you the person we need
- A day in the life of the post-holder
- Key competencies for the role
- How to apply
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual who will challenge traditional thinking and can drive through significant technology change.
You will have a thorough understanding of the technologies required to deliver ICT in a modern digital organisation.
You will be passionate about digital transformation and make a positive contribution to the delivery and ongoing development of the council’s Digital Strategy.
You will have considerable experience of delivering change across a wide range of technical areas including wide and local area networks, unified communications, hosted data centres, Office 365, Azure and cyber security.
You must have ability to lead a team who manage and develop the technology infrastructure for over 10,000 users across 350 sites.
The role of Infrastructure Solutions Team Leader is critical to the success of our service and the successful candidate will work with our wider IT team, council colleagues and external contacts to deliver the infrastructure foundations which support the council’s Digital Strategy (pdf 1,045KB).
This role will be wide-ranging but a typical day might involve:
- Working with your team of technical analysts to assess and specify the requirements for a new Wide Area Network procurement
- Agreeing with a Project Leader what resources are available from the team to deliver a change to our unified communications architecture
- Updating the council’s Technology Strategy in light of recent Ransomware attacks and the council’s decision to adopt Cyber Essentials Plus
- Collaborating with ICT Business Analysts and the council’s Digital Champions to demonstrate how we can use Office 365 to transform the way the council operates
- Encourages others on the benefits of proposals and specific courses of action
- Secures positive outcomes through negotiation when appropriate
- Leads meetings and/or discussions effectively to achieve clear results
- Persuades others through an assertive manner
- Evaluates customer satisfaction, changing processes and strategy where necessary
- Challenges the customer’s way of thinking, influencing their behaviour
- Anticipates the future needs of the customer and prepares to meet them
- Consults with customers to determine and refine service requirements
- Sensitive to conflict between team members and manages it effectively
- Constructively challenges unacceptable behaviour in others
- Supports colleagues to maintain common purpose and direction
- Responds positively to change, encouraging team members to do the same
- Encourages and supports others to make the best use of their abilities
Planning and managing work
- Forecasts actions and activities needed to meet the required standards, budgets or timescales
- Forward plans in order to manage risk and/or limit damage
- Challenges recurring barriers to successful delivery, embracing the need for improvement
- Recognises the roles of partner organisations and individuals, allocating tasks accordingly
Analysis and problem solving
- Anticipates potential problems, minimising impact through informed forward thinking
- Timeously identifies barriers to effective service delivery and devises solutions to overcome them
- Encourages others to generate ideas, building commitment, ownership and buy in
Initiative and decision making
- Forms a view, supporting decisions with reasoned and convincing arguments
- Confidently makes objective and timely decisions in accordance with Council policy
- Constructively challenges decisions and suggests new ways of carrying out activities
- Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions, having assessed their impact
- Recognises own strengths and limitations
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous development
- Actively seeks, and is open to, feedback from others on own performance
View the recruitment timeline:
- Closing date: 1st October 2017
- Long leet interviews: 5th October 2017 via Skype
- Short leet interviews: 9th October 2017