Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Landscape – Modern Apprenticeships
Landscape Apprentices will receive training in all aspects of modern Amenity Horticulture, including Soft & Hard Landscaping projects, Play Equipment installation & Maintenance.
Duration: 3-4 years
Hourly Rate: £8.33 per hour
SVQ Level 2 and 3 in Horticulture
• Certificate of competence in the safe use of pesticides
PA1/PA6 – Foundation/Hand held applicator
• Mini Digger Operator
• Basic Health & Safety
• Manual Handling
The SVQ level 2 and 3 are carried out in house so there is no requirement for College Attendance. Please see further details below of the SVQ course outlines:
SVQ 2 Course content
• establish and maintain a range of outdoor plants
• basic maintenance of horticultural machinery
• assess site requirements
• organise resources and work schedules
• health & safety legislation
• maintain amenity turf.
SVQ3 Course content
• Estimate resource requirements and program work
• Promote monitor and maintain health and safety
• Manage yourself and manage information
• Identify plants and co-ordinate the control of pests and diseases
• Monitor and control the growth of plants
• Co-ordinate the planting of plants and manage planted areas
• Prepare and construct hard landscaped areas
Once you have completed your apprenticeship you will be able to apply for jobs in the following areas:
Skilled Landscape Operative, Chargehand, and potentially a Supervisory position in the future having gained the necessary experience. Qualified Landscape Operatives can earn between £17,000 and £19,000 per annum.
Visit My Job Scotland to see current vacancies or set up job alerts to receive emails when vacancies become available.