Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Care Home and Very Sheltered Housing Volunteers
Volunteer in one of our care homes or very sheltered housing complexes and you can contribute towards supporting older people to improve their wellbeing and enjoy a good quality of life. There are a variety of volunteer roles available which support our staff to enable people to carry out the usual activities of daily living and enjoy activities both inside and outside the home.
There are a number of volunteering opportunities available within residential services including;
• Care and Support
• Planned Activities
What support will I get?
• Volunteer induction training
• Named supervisor to support you in your volunteering role
• Access to related training
• Opportunity to gain experience in working with older people
What are we looking for?
The people we are looking for should have
• Good communication skills
• Positive, reliable, supportive and caring nature
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Ability to work in a wider team
Sign me up!
All volunteers will be required to be enrolled through our Aberdeenshire Council’s volunteer policy and pre-enrolment checks.
If you would like to find out more please contact the service directly to find out what opportunities are available. A list of our care homes and very sheltered housing complexes is available on our website.
Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership Care Homes
Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership Very Sheltered Housing Complexes