Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Out of School Childcare
If you enjoy working with children, enjoy a challenge and are looking for a rewarding career. A career in out of school care could be the choice for you.
Working with primary aged children before and after school (as well as during school holidays), you will not only be faced with exciting challenges but will make a difference to the lives of others.
We are looking for people with a genuine love for working with children, with an energetic and enthusiastic disposition and who have the ability to have fun and enjoy the company of children while exerting patience and support as they learn and develop through play.
“Every kid is one caring adult away from being a success story” – Josh Shipp.
What roles are available in Out of School care?
You’ll assist in the provision of a high quality out of school care service in line with Care Inspectorate Regulations and guidelines, whilst working to the playwork principles.
- Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades of equivalent transferable experience & skills.
- Willingness to undertake further relevant training
- Requirement to register with SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) within a 6 month period
- Requirement to complete core training within 6 month period.
The benefits of becoming one of Aberdeenshire Council’s Play Workers;
- You will gain access to an array of training courses
- We will support you to gain your qualification (SVQ 2, 3, or 4 in Playwork)
- Every day you will have fun as well as the opportunity to shape many children’s’ lives
Apply here to become one of our Playworkers
Assist in the co-ordination of the day to day management of the out of school care
The benefits of becoming one of Aberdeenshire Council’s Assistant Co-ordinators;
- You will have the opportunity to shape activities and support the development of enhanced play based learning experiences
- Gain valuable admin training and experience
- Access to management training, leading to a stepping stone into management
- You will be supported to achieve your qualification in SVQ 3 or 4 and potentially beyond
Apply here to become one of our Assistant Co-ordinators
Co-ordinator (Out of School Care)
Our Co-ordinators manage the Out of School Care Service. They help provide a secure and fun environment for the range of primary children who use it and have a responsibility for the daily management and delivery of service to the community extending a positive environment for users of the club and staff.
- Ability to meet requirements of the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) or achieve this within 6 months of appointment
- Willingness to work towards a degree level qualification (level 9) – to meet requirements of the SSSC
- Some admin experience is preferred but not essential
- Must hold SVQ 3 in Playwork or equivalent qualification
The benefits to becoming one of Aberdeenshire Council’s Co-ordinators;
- We will support you to gain your qualification
- You will gain access to managerial experience
- Help to lead and support a team
Apply here to become one of our Out of School Co-ordinators
You will support and advise on out of school care provision in ways which are consistent with Aberdeenshire Council policies and procedures to support and develop the environment of continual improvement within our out of school care service.
- NNEB; SNNB; HNC in Childcare or SVQ 3 in Early Education & Childcare or equivalent transferable skills & experience
- Some management experience preferred, but not essential
The benefits to becoming one of Aberdeenshire Council’s Development Workers;
- You will be supported to achieve your qualification
- Gained significant child care experience
- Opportunity to development current skills
Future Development Opportunities
Aberdeenshire Council is committed to continuous professional development, training and continuous development is available for all staff. We will encourage your professional development, supporting you in every way and helping you realise your potential.