Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Ranger Service Volunteers
Each year we support over 11,000 residents and visitors to explore our rich natural and cultural heritage. We welcome volunteers who can help us deliver environmental interpretation to schools, groups and at public events. We also welcome volunteers who would like to help us in promoting and protecting our biodiversity through site and species monitoring.
What are we looking for?
The people we are looking for should be:
- Welcoming and comfortable working with a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledgeable about Aberdeenshire’s natural and cultural heritage.
- Confident with basic species identification.
- Knowledgeable about the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
- Content working outdoors throughout the seasons, with lone and remote working on occasion.
- Aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
What will I get?
- Work opportunities to fit around your personal commitments.
- Opportunities to share your previous skills and experience.
- Induction and ongoing support from experienced Rangers.
- Named supervisor to support you in your volunteering role.
- Access to related training.
- Opportunity to gain experience working within a Ranger Service.
Sign me up!
We have two volunteer roles within the Ranger Service. You are welcome to apply for one or both of the roles.
All volunteers will be required to be enrolled through Aberdeenshire Council’s volunteer policy and pre-enrolment checks.
If you would like to find out more about either role, or apply then
please contact; Fiona Banks, Ranger Service Co-ordinator Fiona.Banks@aberdeenshire.gov.uk