Enjoy work enjoy life
Jobs at Aberdeenshire Council
Sheltered Housing Volunteers
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of older people?
Do you want to be more involved with your community?
If the answer is yes then volunteering with us could be for you.
Volunteer in one of our Sheltered Housing schemes and you can contribute towards supporting older people to improve their wellbeing and enjoy a good quality of life.
There are a variety of volunteer roles within Aberdeenshire Council Sheltered Housing Schemes. These include:
- Activities and Support
- Gardener/Handy Person
Activities within Sheltered Housing schemes, which involve Volunteers include:
Opportunities and Support
• Volunteer induction training
• Volunteer Plan
• Opportunity to gain experience in working with older people.
• Use your for Volunteer experience for your CV.
What are we looking for?
The people we are looking for should have:
• Good communication skills.
• Be empathic to the needs of older people
• Positive, reliable, supportive and have a caring nature
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Ability to work with other volunteers and Aberdeenshire Council staff
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer with us?
If you would like to find out more information or would like to request an application form, please e-mail us at email@example.com. All volunteers will be required to be enrolled through our Aberdeenshire Council’s volunteer policy and pre-enrolment checks.
A list of our Sheltered Housing schemes is available on our website: